Samyang 50 mm T1.5 AS UMC has been designed for cameras and camcorders fitted with photosensitive 24x36mm or smaller sensor. It gives 46.2 degrees field of view, and thanks to high brightness value of T1.5 (f/1.4) it comes as a great tool in poor lighting conditions, ensuring splendid image quality and small depth of field.
Optics of the lens consists of nine lens elements arranged in six groups (including one aspherical and one hybrid aspherical lens element). To ensure high contrast and faithful colour reproduction, all lens elements have been covered with multi-layered UMC anti-reflective coatings.
Samyang 50mm T1.5 VDSLR ensures exceptionally smooth and aesthetic mapping for out of focus areas beyond the focal plain, producing the so called bokeh effect. Thanks to the eight-bladed aperture, the subjects located outside the depth of field are shown with extremely smooth features. This feature will be appreciated by professional filmmakers and photographers taking portrait photos.
The VDSLR II line of cinema lenses unifies Samyang’s cine lenses into a cohesive series. Each of the VDSLR II lenses will offer the same alignment of their geared focus and aperture rings so that follow focus and other rig accessories won’t need re-adjustment when swapping lenses. Also, each lens is tested to be color matched with the other lenses in the series and provide the same color and contrast when shooting video. Lastly, the lenses are marked with focusing scales on each side of the barrel for easier adjustment from both sides of the camera.
- Standard length manual focus prime lens for full frame EF mount cameras. Will also fit APS-C format cameras
- Functional as still photo lens but optimized for cinema and video shooting with geared aperture and focus rings, de-clicked aperture for smooth exposure transitions and side-facing aperture and distance markings. The 50mm T1.5 is part of the VDSLR II series of cine lenses, sharing characteristics and features that unify the series and make it easier for users to swap out lenses when shooting video. Each VDSLR II lens provides aligned focus and aperture rings so that readjustment of the follow focus is not necessary when switching lenses. Also each lens has been tested to match color and contrast for a consistent look and less potential post-processing. Finally, all lenses from this series print focus scales on both sides of the lens barrel for ease of use from each side of the camera.
- Very fast T1.5 maximum aperture for effective low light capture and shallow depth of field.
- Internal focusing system with 9 lens elements in 6 groups.
- One aspherical and one hybrid aspherical lens element control aberrations and improve sharpness throughout the frame.
- Lens multi-coating improves light transmission and reduces flare and ghosting.
- Minimum focus distance of 1.5′
- Filter thread diameter of 77mm